Monday, April 13, 2009

No Adventures.

There was a bungee-jumping accident in Bangalore this weekend. A Marine engineer from Chennai, Bhargava fell heads down from a height of ~100 ft and died.
Guy had tried bungee jump and was trying reverse bungee jump next when the harness snapped.

As a matter of fact, Vijay, Girish, Kartik and me were also there the same day. The plan was made on Friday and I told them that I will accompany them just because I wanted to see it and won't be trying any jump. We reached at the venue around 1 p.m. Girish had done some homework and was telling about the bungee accidents. I asked why are you trying it and Girish just passed the question saying accidents can happen even while you are driving bike, right? Kartik did support me and mocked his comparison.

After reaching there, all three of them decided to try reverse bungee jump because the normal bungee jump would have required lot of wait. They got themselves registered. We were watching the jumps and even shot some videos. There was a safety net for normal bungee jump but nothing for reverse bungee jump. Reverse jumps had not started by then. So, we thought of going out for lunch and coming back.

There weren't many people around when we returned. We thought, others would also have gone for lunch. We were gossiping and after some time, I told them to inquire when the jumps are gonna resume. Vijay went to talk and signaled us that the thing is over. We all reached to him and then, we knew that some accident has happened and the guy might die. All our energy sapped.

After sometime, we were returning. Vijay was telling us not to talk about the incident at his home. His mom had wished us 'Best of Luck' many a times when we were leaving for the jump and seemed that luck was the savior.

I reached home by 5 p.m. It was a very sad incident. I was having headache. On sunday, I went to see a doctor. I had viral fever - 102 degrees. Got an injection, and all those medicines. And today, I feel a bit fine after spending one whole day lying on the bed.

I am not trying any such adventures in my life. Not in India for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are u ok now ?? Take care.
Arpit

Unknown said...

I am fine now. Thanks.