Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great Show by Rajasthan Royals!

Such a beautiful morning here today.. An after-effect of the last night's rain!
No sun, curtains wide open, cool breeze flowing, assorted music, a fresh mind and me home alone..

Day before, we all witnessed one of the most exciting cricket games of recent times: Rajasthan Royals v/s Kolkata Knight Riders
It was far more dramatic than any of these reality shows being relayed all the time. Forcing a match almost lost to the super over and then winning it chasing a target of 16 runs in an over. Wow! Brilliant Cricket.

Warnie boy showed it yet again. Sure, they are the last year's winners but they don't have Watson and Tanvir this time. Frankly, you don't feel like cheering this team. They just have one hitter in Yusuf Pathan. But then, they have Warne. He does something to the team, something magical. I remember him discussing something with Raut in the the final over of their batting (Raut had missed two balls earlier) and then, Raut scores 14 runs in next 3 balls of the over taking the team score to 150. I am not taking credit from anyone; but Warne does have something in him.

He has great understanding of cricket. He utilizes the limited resources in his side just too well. He took some brilliant decisions at some crucial points and did some good bowling and fielding too. Leading by example, you see!

I am sure that this match will be used by some teams for their internal training but the more interesting thing is, the team makes a good case-study for a management/psychology class. It is amazing to see what a team can achieve with motivation, teamwork and a great leader. I loved it.
I am not sure if I wish them to win but I definitely look forward to their games.

On a lighter note, Girish tells me to support Royal Challengers as I am in Bangalore but then, he himself supports Ferrari and not Force India! :D

1 comment:

Arpit said...

Case Study !!! ...hmmm
lets see if I m gonna find it in a class soon :-)