Monday, March 30, 2009

From Here and There..

Some random things from last few weeks-

1. A week's trip to home. I guess, the timing couldn't have been better. Got to be at home for Holi, enjoyed over the B"days of my cousin sister and niece, also had a get-together with many of my school-time buddies. It was really a great feeling to be there. And yes, I also tried my hands on bike for the first time in my life. A nice break, I would say.

2. One thing which I have learnt the hard way is one can't keep everyone happy. I tried doing that, only to make my own life miserable. Sorry guys, no hard feelings.

3. I finished this Aravind Adiga's novel "The White Tiger". I don't really appreciate it and as Gins had told me earlier that it is the worst among the booker prize winning novels, I anyway had less expectations from it. The plight of a poor in India is emphasized beyond reality and there aren't more than couple of takeaways for entrepreneurs.
All said, it actually was a good enough timepass over my journey to home. So, no grudges.

4. I have been playing enough badminton lately and I am just loving it. My game has improved a bit. Thanks to Sachin for those tips!

5. I think, I would also mention about that ~90 mins talk with Arpit. Dude, I appreciate every word of it. Yes, I am yet to think about that long term plan and am still searching for my fortune at the bottom of the Pyramid. :)

6. At office, I have been at a slow pace in my work after returning from vacation. But the good part is, I know it and I am back in mood. This one guy in my team keeps making my life more interesting and challenging. Such a treat to work with people like these. I can say for sure that this is one thing I like most about Nvidia.

7. And yes, These MTV guys are just getting into my head. With this Roadies - Splitsvilla saga all over, I can't help but avoid watching MTV. It is so mean and addicting.
But, I have been following American Idol and Dance India Dance. It was good to listen Anoop Desai sing "Always on my mind" but i want some variety from him. 'Dance India Dance' is the latest favorite. Bad that the Hip hop classes moved to Koramangala just when I wanted to join.

8. Small mention about the changed look of my blog and that lonely road walk at 1:30 a.m. :)

I still think, there were few more but I don't want to trouble my brain to recall them.

Ciao-
Madhusudan.

5 comments:

Arpit said...

एक बात कहना चाहूँगा कि अपने blogs में रहस्यवाद को थोडा कम करिए, अन्यथा हम जैसे ज़मीन से जुड़े लोगों का giveup हो जायेगा.

Arpit said...

और हाँ, आपके कर कमलों द्वारा लिखी हुई अपनी प्रशंसा को पढ़कर मैं तो धन्य हो गया.

Shantanu said...

Some careless observations

a. You are really late in riding first set of two-wheels, seriously :D

b. Most recent additions to Black-Indian-Crow club include 'Slumdog Millionare', 'The God of Small Things' and 'Q & A'. These bank on misery of Indian people.

c. I like the new look!

Madhusudan Sarda said...

@Shantanu:
A) Yes, I know :(
B) Aren't Q&A and Slumdog Millionare the same thing? And why are you calling them most recent additions? They are all older than 'The White Tiger'.
C) Thanks.

Shantanu said...

My bad, should have written:
Most recent additions to Black-Indian-Crow club 'also' include 'Slumdog Millionaire', 'The God of Small Things' and 'Q & A'. :)

Besides, like they say, don't judge a book by it's movie; relish and cite them separately.